The Tender Loving Care Doll – A therapeutic doll for your residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia
Offering a therapeutic doll to a resident or your loved one is giving him or her the chance to give again.
These residents, who dedicated their lives to their children, spouse and friends, today only receive care and love from others. But when do they have the opportunity to give again?
Doll therapy can be introduced at all times or during a group activity to promote reminiscence and sharing life experiences. People can manipulate the doll, rock it and sing to it in a calm and secure environment where they can express maternal feelings of love and tenderness. This can certainly help reduce daily agitation and give them a sense of responsibility. The realistic weight of the TLC Doll also helps lower their stress levels, acting like a weighted blanket and cushion. Upon therapists’ requests, we created a doll whose eyes close when on its back. The goal is to be able to put the doll to sleep thus bringing a sense of satisfaction, fulfillment and peace to the user. Don’t hesitate to let the residents keep them at night time, they make incredible sleep companions!
Includes pyjamas, a bib, a cotton diaper with Velcro, a cap, a large blanket and a booklet of activity ideas.
- Realistic size (19″ – 46.5 cm)
- Weight distributed naturally (head and buttocks): 3.4 lb (1.5 kg)
- Eyes that close so the doll seems to sleep
- Made of soft and flexible vinyl that allows you to bend fingers for example
- Natural sculpted details of the body to accentuate realism
- Unisex doll with soft body offered with soft brown hair.